Under the guise of ensuring women their rights over their own bodies, the Pro-Choice movement has lied to women and strips them of the very rights they claim to support.
Here is what’s really happening:
- “Men continue to be the number one reason that women choose abortion over giving birth.” The woman’s boyfriend, husband, father, the father of her boyfriend, and even male doctors are the ones who wield their choice against women in what is called “coerced abortion.” “The most pro-abortion category in the United States (and also in other nations is white males between the ages of twenty and forty-five.” So much for women’s right to choose.
- Abortion increases the likelihood that a woman will contract breast cancer by 30%. This makes Abortion the greatest single preventable cause of breast cancer.
- Countless women suffer horrific trauma following an abortion. Post-Abortive Stress Syndrome, a form of PTSD, manifests itself in depression, self-loathing, shame, guilt, and a host of unhealthy behaviors typical of someone who has experienced severe trauma.,  “Soon the abortion industry will find that it can no longer hide the fact that the only way to kill an unborn child is by maiming and traumatizing the child’s mother.”
- 83% of woman who have had an abortion say they would have carried their baby to term if the father of the baby had stood by them. Once more, it is the man, not the woman with the real choice when a woman aborts her child.
- Groupthink and pressure from other women strip a woman of her individual choice. Groupthink occurs when a group chooses a specific course action that is contrary to the true wishes of the group’s members, because its members don’t believe they have a voice. “The pro-choice movement could just as well be called the no-choice-but-abortion movement. Many women will testify that for them ‘pro-choice’ really meant ‘no choice.’”
- Abortion defies a woman’s moral, emotional, and physiological instincts. The Pro-Choice movement violates a woman’s innate desire to nurture and protect a child. Whether a woman ever bears a child or not, her mothering instincts are deeply woven into her womanhood. Frederica Mathewes-Green of Feminists for Life of America explains, “No woman wants an abortion as she wants an ice cream cone or a Porsche. She wants an abortion as an animal caught in a trap wants to gnaw off its own leg.”
- Selective abortion targets girls. The world over, including in the United States, society chooses to abort girls over boys by a huge margin. How ironic and sad that a movement purporting to support women seeks to destroy them.
In defense of women who find themselves pregnant and “in trouble,” there are so many healthy, pro-women choices other than abortion. Abortion may seem like the easy way out now. But the testimonies of thousands of women who chose that route and now deeply regret it urge you to seek another more humane choice that truly honors women and respects their rights.
©2019 Rob Fischer
 John Ensor, Answering the Call: Saving Innocent Lives One Woman at a Time (Colorado Springs, CO: Focus on the Family, 2003), p. 94.
 John Wilke, quoted by Randy Alcorn, Why Pro-Life? Caring for the Unborn and Their Mothers (Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 2004) p. 59.
 Dr. Joel Brind, professor endocrinology at City University of New York, quoted by Randy Alcorn, p. 71.
 Susanne Babble, PhD, MFT, “Post Abortion Stress Syndrome (PASS) – Does it Exist?” Psychology Today, October 25, 2010, http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/somatic-psychology/201010/post-abortion-stress-syndrome-pass-does-it-exist.
 Elliott Institute study quoted by Randy Alcorn, p. 71.
 David C. Reardon, PhD., Making Abortion Rare: A Healing Strategy for a Divided Nation (Springfield, IL: Acorn Books, 1996) p. viii.
 “Key Facts About Abortion,” Elliot Institute, n.d., www.after-abortion.org.
 “Key Facts About Abortion.”
 Randy Alcorn, p. 96.
 Quoted by David Reardon, p. 105.
 Randy Alcorn, pgs. 59-60.